2005 - Present: Vice President of Research and Development
- Integral in designing, building and launching republic wireless, a $19/mo Android based cellular service.
- Created Holdr, an iPhone application that waits on hold so users don't have to.
- Created the Conference Starter iPhone application for starting Ad-Hoc conferences.
- Created, deployed and mantained a FreeSWITCH based backend system to support the Conference Starter and Holdr Applications.
- Designed a Hadoop-based distributed high volume log analysis system to process company-wide call detail records.
- Created and deployed Phonebooth, an SMB focused cloud based PBX.
- Designed and deployed a large scale SIP origination / termination platform based on open technologies.
- Engineered the server farm architecture supporting the SIP O/T platform and deployed it in multiple server farms throughout the United States.
2002 - 2005: Chief Technology Officer
- As employee number 14 at a $600,000 annual revenue company, instituted the technical direction necessary to grow the company to 60+ employees and over $11M annual revenue.
- Designed and built from scratch the core computing platform driving the business including:
- Hardened name servers, mail servers, routers, firewalls, a dynamic web serving environment and a distributed pricing environment.
- Instituted "sandbox" style development environments and code repository for developers.
- Code design and implementation of Java / JSP sites running Bandwidth.com's website and internal / customer / carrier / partner extranets and branded partner sites for clients.
- Conceived of and created key products used to differentiate Bandwidth.com including one of the Internet's most popular Speed Tests.
- Integrated a custom distributed pricing system with Dell's internal sales systems and external customer facing systems which demanded stringent uptime guarantees and high loads.
- Served as point person for strategic relationships between Bandwidth.com and partners such as Dell and CNet
- Reported directly to the President of the company.
1999 - 2001: Webmaster / Architect / Developer / Manager / Systems Administrator
- Right-hand man in starting an Internet department for Imagine Media, eventually bringing them global and public.
- Built a staging and publishing system used by all Imagine properties.
- Built a Linux based server farm delivering well over 300 million hits per month of both static and dynamic content.
- Integral in leading the design and coding of the Future Content Management System, an in-house content system based on Oracle, Java / JSP and Linux.
- Worked overseas while deploying the content system in the European offices.
- Managed a core team of webmasters and systems administrators
1995 - 1999: Webmaster / Developer / System Administrator
- On site installation, administration and maintenance of Silicon Graphics infrastructure for Dow Jones.
- Other clients included the US Air Force, the Pentagon and several mutual funds.
1997: Systems Administrator / Animator / Programmer
- Programmed Java, Perl and SQL for custom real-time market data acquisition system.
- Built and ran a real-time 3D rendering system for Dow Jones television displaying up to the second market averages for daily live TV broadcasts. 3D models were injected with real-time elements from live market feeds and rendered on SGI hardware for live television.